Monday, May 17, 2010

What age is a good age to start my son on Karate lessons?

I love the idea of my little boy learning these skills. He is two. How can he be influenced? What should I know as a parent? How can I learn more about this art?|||My friend is a black belt in Karate and she suggested I start my son when he turns 6. She said any time before that is a waste of money. She started when she was 8. I think it is a great skill to have, it teaches body awareness, confidence and discipline. Ignore the munchkin nerd that said kids who are in Karate are loners. She might get her but kicked one day.|||well if you start your child off so young with karate he will be born into the habbit of being a friendless nerd. i am popular and it seems a lot of the loners in my school are black belts or rainbow belts or whatever that is|||4|||When ever he shows intrest in it. You can introduce it to him but dont just throw him in karate lessons. Make sure it is something that he wants to do.|||two is great as long as your son is happy with it ask the teacher for information about it.|||I really think that boys need to be at least 6 years old before they can stay still long enough to listen to the teacher and learn the movements. I can say from experience that it may be a waste of money if started before this age.|||i learned when i was six and id recommend , American kempo , you get a teacher who teaches honor respect and discipline and your child will have life skills , not be a friendless nerd because He will know what self defense is and he will know its not used for anything but that . it is a good way to allow them to view the world we live in , good luck|||NEVER start a child younger than 5. Just don%26#039;t do it. One, they can get hurt WAY too easily. Two, it%26#039;s not good for them either physically or emotionally as far as their development is concerned. Three, it should be HIS choice to learn NOT YOURS. He must be old enough to decide.|||4 or 5 should be just fine|||We%26#039;ve been looking into it too, and three instructors we%26#039;ve asked all say 7 years old. They have a strong sense of right and wrong by 7, but are still young enough to be completely molded into a disciplined, respectful young person who can kick some butt if they need to defend themselves or loved ones.|||I believe they have classes for as young as 3 years old|||Probably 6 or 7ish

No comments:

Post a Comment