Friday, May 21, 2010

I need to get faster and stronger for karate?

Does anyone have any drills that could increase my speed and strength for chito ryu karate?|||Boxing|||Yeah watch the Karate Kid. They show you some great drills to do. Like waxing the floor... Painting the fence and so on. Then you will be able to do the crane kick like a champ!|||Running, hitting the speed bag and heavy bag .|||I have been studying Kempo since I was 6-7 y/o. When I hit my mid 20%26#039;s, I suffered a few injuries, I found myself to be in not such great shape.


A couple tricks that I used to get back into the swing of things:


2000 crunches every morning... EVERY


200 pull-ups in the a.m. / 200 pull-ups in the p.m. every day


200 push-ups next to my desk every day while normal people are eating lunch.


You will have to take a little time before you get to these reps, but you will be supprised as to how fast it happens. I also keep (still to this day) 10 lbs ankel and arm weights on most of the day. Use a speed bag as much as possable (with the weights on your arms)





PS.... I was the guy that answered your other question with the %26quot;computer at the nurses station%26quot; remark... I ment no disrespect, I was just having a little fun.





Good Luck|||Practice, practice and MORE practice. Get a good sparring partner to practice your moves with.|||You could get ankle weights and go on a hike.|||Switch to Jeet Kune do!|||Purchase the world%26#039;s finest bionic %26quot;***-kicking%26quot; leg your budget will allow, and go to town on some pathetic long-mustached-dude with %26quot;THE CLAW%26quot;!|||eat eggs|||i wouldnt recamended karate for a street fight so im defently not given you tips for speed and power|||seriously... plyometrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment