Monday, May 17, 2010

How long does it take to get a black belt in karate?

I am going to start shotokan, and I already know the basic katas and movements from a similar style, what is an estimate time for me to get a black belt?|||Who cares, just learn the material. Do you honestly think it matters? Do you think anyone attacking you on the street cares what belt you have? Learn the material, learn it well, be able to apply it. Do that and you%26#039;ll have better than a blackbelt.





A blackbelt is only a placeholder saying you have skill. If you have the skill you don%26#039;t need the placeholder.|||belts dont mean anything. you are either good at it or not.|||All of the other posters are correct. It depends on too much for us to say. There is no answer for you on this...


Just get in line and enjoy the training....|||there is no set time it will take as long as it is needed for you to learn what is needed for a black belt test|||It depends on your training. If you are serious you will get it faster.


In time, no matter what, they will advance you. They have to.|||depending if you are a junior student or adult as some styles have tag belts for kids it should take 4 to 5 years from white belt to black however if you have already learnt some stuff i should imagine your new club will grade you to the level you are at for their system and if your attitude to training is good it shouldn%26#039;t take long|||all depends how far away the karate belt shop is|||about 2 years|||seconds............


i heard someone was a black belt at 7 its realy stupid


i serously woudnt recommned karate


try jujitsu much fun|||It took me 5 years to earn my black belt in Shotokan. The average time is 4 or 5 years if you train constantly. Of course that, if you are an adult (I mean adult if you are 16 or older) you will learn faster than kids because your mind and muscles are already developed. And if you also have some experience from ANY martial art (doesn%26#039;t mater if it is similar or not), it will also help you to advance faster.|||It depends on the style, the style I do will take 9-10 yrs if you don%26#039;t double grade.





I%26#039;ve still got 3 yrs at least to go until I reach Shodan (once I get over my injury and back into training that is) and I%26#039;m now in my 11th yr of karate.





The reason for this is my club does not believe in a junior blackbelt. So I started at 12 yrs old in juniors, reached 1st kyu at 17, then started seniors. I took two years off (one for first year of uni, one for an injury) during my past six years as a senior. Our belt system works that once you finish juniors, you are graded as a senior. Depending on your performance, you would usually be graded anywhere between 9th and 6th kyu. I was lucky enough to get 6th.





But I%26#039;m still a fair while from reaching Shodan. Another style I began late last year, to be able to get extra training in, I will reach Shodan before the other style. I was told I will get it in 2 to 3 yrs.





I don%26#039;t do Shotokan, but they are both heavily based on it having originated from that style before breaking off in the past 40 or 50 years.|||It depends on how hard you train. And your dojo will probably expect you to train alot harder once you%26#039;re around purple belt....and workouts (and tests) will be even harder at brown belt level .





I%26#039;d think even with experience in another style, it%26#039;ll take AT LEAST 3 years, if you%26#039;re not training in a %26quot;mcdojo%26quot;. (I took even longer because by purple belt, I was working on improving my skills rather than getting to the next belt. )

No comments:

Post a Comment