Friday, May 21, 2010

Is karate-chopping a little screaming baby in the throat appropriate etiquette in a quiet restaurant ?

Before you get all bent out of shape people.. Please tell me how do you handle a little baby screaming bloody murder in a nice quiet restaurant for the duration of your whole lunch? Yes, I mean if it%26#039;s mom is not bright or polite enough to take it outside?|||I would ask the waitress or manager to go over and ask the lady if she would mind taking the baby outside and calming it down. Or perhaps the manager could offer his/her office to the mother if she needed to feed/change the baby. You could also go over and say, %26quot;I know I can%26#039;t expect your baby to know that it%26#039;s in a restaurant, but I%26#039;m having a meeting/nice dinner(or whatever it is you%26#039;re doing) and would really appreciate some quiet.%26quot; Try and come off as being understanding (it%26#039;s not easy to persuade a baby to stop crying when it%26#039;s determined to do so, unless it needs food or something). OR if you%26#039;re in the position to do so, you could offer to pay for for the ladies lunch and ask if she would mind taking it to go. It%26#039;s not that I have anything against mothers or babies(as I have a little boy), but I would never allow him to scream uncontrollably for an entire meal in a restaurant, fancy or not! If you(or whoever confronts her) is understanding and nice about it, I%26#039;m Sure she%26#039;ll understand--unless she%26#039;s a complete *****, in which case, you%26#039;re better off getting YOUR lunch to go. Good Luck!





Also, it%26#039;s not like people would stand for it if a little kid was running around yelling, or some really drunk person was shouting and swearing, best bet is to ask the manager to deal with it.|||Been on both ends and I can say I am sorry for your experience. I made the proper choice by leaving and going home. I know what it is like to dine quietly and be interuppted by a screaming child when your trying to get away from one... For those that choose to stay and cause discourse among the other diners, you are wrong. I have seen mothers and some fathers do this and all it shows is a lack of consideration and tact. It would do good to ask the manger to ask for the child to leave. This way you are not directly singling them out and have left it to the establishments manager to handle this. If not taken care of, never come back, leave and go somewhere else.|||Yes, I understand. When my children were little, I always left an establishment if they became loud and fussy.





I, too, would speak up and ask to have someone shut the kid up!|||I%26#039;d ducked tape it%26#039;s mouth!|||Some folks crave deletion


It gives them completion


And helps them to cut their own groove


It all will be swell


Till he marries Moonbelle


Then, good manners, it will him, behoove...





He%26#039;s already softee


His poetry lofty,


As spell-bound, he cleans up his act


We smile to remember,


This 18th December,


His martial arts baby attack!|||The mom;s of these little kids should take the child out side until it calms down as people go there to relax and enjoy a meal%26#039; not go and get a headache%26#039; and have to go and leave the meal behind.I would tell the waitress or wait person%26#039; and if that didn;t help i would tale my self over and say ; excuse me %26#039; i cannot bear that loud screams or crying%26#039; can you take your child out and calm him down; so we people can eat in peace If were spending good money to eat out %26#039; we should be able to hear our selves think %26#039; and enjoy the meal.|||Ask to speak to the manager and ask him/her if this can be taken care of. It is the magagers job to handle these situations. If the manager won%26#039;t, then leave and don%26#039;t come back.|||LMAO..go with the karate chop but just use the index finger...you don%26#039;t want to kill the poor kid....and then give the mom a good bit*ch slap for being stupid......|||When people dine at a restaurant ,they usually pay dearly for their meal.Therefore they are entitled to enjoy their meal.lf an incident occured as you have mentioned then it is up to the management to take control of the situation.|||Its up to the restaurant to tell the mother that the other patrons are being disturbed and if after getting that hint she doesn%26#039;t do anything, as a patron i%26#039;d leave, and as a restaurant manager i%26#039;d ask her to leave.|||As you may have noticed, I can be bold sometimes.


I would not blame the baby, I have been known to take matters into my own hands, trying to help. So I would stop my own lunch and go see the baby. What happens next is anyone%26#039;s guess, I ask if there is anything I can do to ease the babies discomfort I jiggle my keys, I may even ask pick the child up for a rockabye, find the soother, ask if the the babe is hungry.


This sounds like a long process but usually works within 2 minutes. Either the Mom is swooping the child to safety, or I am babysitting. Either way, it%26#039;s fine with me. Next time she will know what to do. Even if I am not there.|||I%26#039;d talk to the manager and the child would be moved, or the lunch would be on him, I think. More people SHOULD complain. Restaurants are not the place for screaming brats, and the rest of us shouldn%26#039;t have to put up with inconsiderate parents who are too stupid or lazy to take their kids out.|||I don%26#039;t worry about it, actually. Screaming kids don%26#039;t bother me, I figure it%26#039;s the parents%26#039; problem.





I just focus on the folks I%26#039;m with and let other people mind their own business.





Cheers :-)|||Man it can drive you nuts-But I%26#039;ve sat through a few meals myself where the entire restaurant is watching and the Mom knows and never does a thing. It is really bad for business because everyone rushes to get out then.I%26#039;d Like to Karate Chop the Stupid (Air Head Moms )for just sitting there allowing it to go on and on. Dufus Heads.They could take them to the restroom or out for a few minutes.|||Just walk up to the family and ask why the baby is screaming. Ask questions like you are concerned and maybe they will get the idea everyone is paying too much attention to them. Maybe at home they let the poor child scream till they turn blue.


I believe in direct contact with the ones causeing such. It is not easy at first but i have gotten alot done by doing it myself, and kindly.|||Good to see you feeling your old self again.





I propose a 25 year moratorium on having kids. I%26#039;m sure this suggestion will go over even better than my suggestion that everyone in the world should send me just one dollar so I could have 6 billion dollars.|||I suppose you never cried as a child ? Kinda sounds like what your doing now. But I have been upset with parents that just let their children reign hell and act as if they don%26#039;t see it. That really just pisses me off|||i hate babies that are screaming and the mothers/fathers wont do anything! If i wasnt shy i%26#039;d ask the mum/dad if she/he could try to stop the crying. If they wont then id suggest earplugs ^^|||I HATE it when STUPID mothers just LET this happen and have ZERO respect for every other person in the vacinity. This happened to us at a god damn RESORT for gods sakes, there were screaming kids at EVERY breakfast we had, vggod, all I thought was


%26quot;Geez that woman is SOOOOO elfish and STUPID%26quot;


I wouldn%26#039;t punish the baby, I%26#039;d kick the dumb parents%26#039; **** and tell them to stop being so SELFISH.


We don%26#039;t pay a fortune to put up with THAT. if they make a decision to have a damn child THEY can remember the rest of the world that revolves around them and have an ounce of respect.|||Karate Chopping?


I hope you are kidding! For Craip%26#039;s sake, the Child was screaming %26quot;Bloody Murder%26quot;! I%26#039;d like to know who Murdered and who was murdered.......Unless you want to commit Double murder just because some poor little chap choose to broadcast it in a restaurant.





Lol. Seriously, Ear Muff will do. But I would like to ask the mom if she doesn%26#039;t know the way to a birth control office or condom outlet......|||Talk to the waiter or manager if the waiter wont help. Tell them if they can not get it quieter there by asking one customer to leave, you will have to leave and never return.|||you should tell one of the waiters to tell one of their supervisors to take care of it

No comments:

Post a Comment