Friday, May 21, 2010

Can you practice karate if you have breast implants?

I%26#039;m worried about getting implants and then getting hit hard enough to make them leak.|||Any contact sport may have risks involved and those risks would even higher with implants.





Sorry for the bad news.|||Check with your doctor, but you should be ok. My girlfriend has implants and they can had a lot of rough play.|||Hi there





Interesting question this one. Not up to-date with the technology involved with breast plants being a guy but what i would recommend is that you make an appointment with your GP to discuss this.





If they say its OK to train with the type you are considering then i would recommend wearing a chest guard to be sure.





A lot of karate involves kihon waza and kata where there is no actual contact. Only sparring is when you may have to wear a guard.





And most decent clubs wouldn%26#039;t encourage guys to hit ladies in the chest anyway. I would be too embarrassed if i did that to someone!





But accidents can happen hence your question.





Check it out with your GP first.





And good luck with both of em! ;)





regards idai|||First off I don%26#039;t want anyone to take my statements in a negative mannor. With that said I have been around many %26quot;karate%26quot; schools for about the last 28 years. In that time I have seen little to no contact in any of the classes, even the sparring classes. You could go from white belt to black without ever even being touched by another human being. Kata is the main requirements, I have noticed. Even in their contest there is light to no contact. I have actually seen karate tourn. were people have been disqualified from matches because they touched their opponent. So my answer is you can very well do a karate style with out any chance of even having yourself touched.|||Not on the same line but in the same area of concern so hope it helps, I wear specs I wear them at all times in class as the contact is minimal. The school I am with teaches only touch the jacket and not a full power punch/ kick into the person this demands a lot more skill that just lobbing bombs. Hope you get as much out of your training as I have, wish I had started it sooner is all|||If I were you I would ask your doctor or surgeon person, If guards are worn at your club or the one you are thinking of joining I dont see where there would be a problem but I dont know so much about it so sorry I cant be more help :P|||Speak to your doctor about this issue.|||I would not recommend you taking up MA, but if you must here are a few things you can do.


1. Pick a style that doesn%26#039;t involve hard hitting and striking the chest.


a) Aikido, Hapkido, Kendo, ummm... Yellow Bamboo


2. There are chest guards made epically for women to protect, ummm those... uhh areas.


3. Let the instructor know your concern and situation of what ever school you choose.


4. Use common sense, don%26#039;t do something that might risk injury just because of an urge, bet, or peer pressure.|||the first thignafte learning to fall is the system of blocks and stops for kicks and punches its better to learn to stop or deflect an attack than to live with the odd chance impact an olde martial arts dude|||they dont make them with liquid centers anymore. do they? they are saline anyway in the inside, and they can handle a lot of impact. too many lawsuits ensured that they are made tough. but staying natural is the best way, im sure.|||Depends what type of karate you practice ...





Traditional karate (karate-do) is more about personal growth (no pun intended) than beating each other to death. Kumite (sparring) is usually done in a very controlled environment and with a lot of control of techniques. Karatedo is about technical excellence not teeth extraction!





Kickboxing and %26quot;freestyle%26quot; type karate systems tend to be much more aerobic (so a lot more jumping about, which is not ideal if you are a bit %26quot;front heavy%26quot;) and are less controlled in their techniques - they tend to rely on padding to protect you and encourage techniques that land with considerable impact.





You can get chest protectors for ladies, though I cannot comment on their efficacy ... though from personal experience male groin protectors are almost useless :-(





Personally, I don%26#039;t find enormous breasts much of a turn on and would recommend you spend the money on something else. I%26#039;m sure if we met I would like you for the person you are, and not be impressed by a couple of lumps of plastic. Having big boobs doesn%26#039;t make you any nicer a person. But that%26#039;s just me. I%26#039;m sure you have your own reasons for considering implants.





I%26#039;m sure your karate instuctor will understand that you are concerned about contact and will help you out.





But the first rule of any martial art is %26quot;don%26#039;t get hit%26quot;. So if you train well you should have little or no problems on that score.





Enjoy ...|||My advice: Don%26#039;t get the implants. Women are better without them.


But, to answer your question, I wouldn%26#039;t want to practices Karate if I were worried. (Ask Doctor)|||If you have concerns about them leaking you have 2 choices.


1) do not get implants


2) do not practice karate





The best thing to do is consult a doctor about your question instead of trusting a bunch of people who are not medically qualified to answer your question.|||I would stick with non-contact aerobic kickboxing if you have a deep desire to do something athletic but I would consult a doctor before doing anything at all. Maybe even that Billy Blanks stuff whatever it%26#039;s called.|||depends on what type and shape they are. I suggest you show detailed pictures to determine if they will have an effect on your ability to practice the arts of fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment