Monday, May 17, 2010

How old is to old for learning karate?

I need to learn some type of self defense. Im 16 and would not last a second if someone tried to beat me up.





What should I do?|||My oldest student at current = 82





My oldest person to earn black belt shodan = 84





My average adult age = 29





My Sensei%26#039;s dad trained everyday until he died at 91!





You are never to old and you are young so your best years are a head of you.|||Once you have a death certificate you are no longer eligible.





Before then, feel free to start taking lessons.|||Infinity is old.|||101 is too old.





I have a friend who didn%26#039;t start karate until he was in college. He%26#039;s a black belt now.|||You%26#039;re never to old to learn self defense.





I don%26#039;t know where you live, but many communities have privately owned self defense schools, look in the phone book. Some community centers, like YMCA%26#039;s also offer self defense classes.|||its better to start at very young age but its never too late to start learning martial arts ur only 16 and if u have determination u can do it |||try this.. My kung fu really improved by using this invention! http://www.martialarm.com/shop/|||Not exactly what you are asking but this may help I found my kung fu training improved when I added some martial arts training. try the martialarm http://www.martialarm.com|||16 is a good age. Go for it. I started tae kwon do when I was 37.|||I dont think it is to old to learn any thing you can teach an old dog new tricks|||my oldest student started in there 60%26#039;s.


you are never too old to start|||Check this out it may answer your question.. My karate really improved by using this invention! http://www.martialarm.com/shop/|||I started at 50 years old and for a long time was the best sparer in our school. Now that honer belongs to someone two years older than me. Best sparer except for the master instructor that is. 16 is a great age to start. I wish I had started when I was that young.|||You are never to old to learn karate. I take taekwondo and there are some 40 year olds there, so just go for it. It is a great way to learn self defense :-)|||take privcate lessons go to any local karate teacher or watch some wrestling|||you could learn karate any age|||i do not think there is an age-limit to wanting to learn how to defend oneself in the case of an attack. i think that you should go ahead and learn karate or any other defense mechanism you want to. besides, you are really only as old as you feel. do you feel old?|||The age at which you%26#039;re too old - Dead.|||There are plenty of people that learn martial arts when they are adults. It may feel a bit weird if you get stuck with kids younger then you or people your age who have been in martial arts for 2 or 3 years.





If your main reason for wanting to learn at 16 martial arts is for self defense you could do other things that would help you and that might be easier. Since your 16 and most likely in high school I would recommend simply just trying to avoid situations where someone would want to beat you up, that should not be too hard unless you live in the %26quot;hood%26quot;. Just try to avoid problems and work out a few times a week and you would be fine. That way if your still interested in martial arts when you go to college you can take an adult class and not be stuck with twelve year olds and by then you would of built up strength.|||Karate is older than anyone of us , it has been around a long time. If it can teach us while being so old, we can learn from it at our age because we are younger than it is no matter what our age.|||You can learn it at any age, it depends how you feel about it, if you feel uncomfortable ask a friend or someone to go along with you|||You can start martial arts at any age. I was in Taekwondo for 3 years and there were people older than 50 taking lessons. There were classes for kids and classes for adults. I guess a 16 year old would be in the adult category.|||I took karate several years ago, but unfortunately shortly after receiving my black belt the dojo shut down. Anyway, we had this old man in our class. He was about 60 years old, but he was in amazing shape and the karate obviously helped him even more (such as with becoming more agile, flexible, and such). And this guy was a great guy to be around. He was very nice and made plenty of jokes. So, in my opinion, you can learn karate at ANY age. Seriously. I even saw some parents of the kids in the karate class attempt learning karate with their children just so they could spend more time, or have some sort of bonding experience, with their kids. |||Not exactly what you are asking but this may help My kung fu really improved by using this invention! http://www.martialarm.com/shop/|||Theres no age limit for anything. You can do karate at any age. Age is just a number.





Go look for a karate class near you. You can use google, or yellow pages. x3|||I think dead is too old. Any younger than that and you%26#039;re gold. Take Karatedo if you wish but remember that there are hundreds of martial arts to learn so don%26#039;t limit yourself to only one.|||You should look at the local clubs near you and choose from them, whatever you decide to do it doesn%26#039;t matter about your age, there are beginner classes for everything!|||It depend on your Guru (teacher).


The pro can develop your muscle, movement , timing and sense.





First learn to protect yourself. Then learn to attack.





Practice with a young kid is good start. Try to use footwork and protect then you will see and aware movement.





Sponsor by http://www.gei.in.th

No comments:

Post a Comment