Friday, May 21, 2010

How do I make a website for my karate school ?

I want people to know about my school when they get online looking for anything concerning karate.|||I can design a site for you


http://www.freewebs.com/cheapwebsitedesi...|||I can have your name set up as a banner ad on a major MMA site if you would like?|||%26lt;a href=%26quot;http://www.earth.google.com%26quot;%26gt;Click here%26lt;/a%26gt;





you cud also change the text %26lt;click here%26gt; to anything u want. so enjoy.|||tripod.com-FREE -check out my site at


http://doc-killian.tripod.com


I am a Country Recording Artist with 4 CDs worldwide and I have a Martial Arts link page among the several others. You set up the site yourself and maintain it yourself with online tutorials. If you like my site, sign in on my guestbook so I know you visited...Doc Killian|||Going off what I remember from looking into it a few years ago you have a couple different option.





First is to do it yourself. In a nut-shell this can be done through various free or cheap websites for hosting and software programs (Microsoft Frontpage might be already installed on your computer, depending on what kind of MS Suite package you got). Alternatively, if you%26#039;re technical savy you can set up a dedicated computer at your house to operate as the support server where you would upload your site to, however you would only have yourself and whatever time and resources you have for technical support should something go wrong.





Another thing to remember on selecting a host is that the cheaper and sometimes free hosts will often have ways to offset their costs that will be passed on to your viewers such as pop-up and banner ads. Once you have a host you will need to check your intended domain name and if it%26#039;s available register for it. Once your domain name is secured you can go about creating your website. After your website is created you then would need to register it with various search engines such as Yahoo and Google to ensure it comes up in their searches. Finally once that is all done you can upload it onto the server and go live with your website.





Or the second way (and the way I would recommend) would be to contact a local IT company and have them do it all for you. Granted you might pay a little more out of pocket upfront to get it going and a little more per month (I think the average I found when checking with the mom %26amp; pop IT companies around me came out to about $20/month hosting), but you%26#039;ll probably end up with a much more professional looking site and have someone who will be responsible for creating and maintaining the site, leaving you more time to run your school.|||You could make Yahoo Geocities. Or MySpace is a great way to connect with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment