Friday, May 21, 2010

I am 39 and started to study Karate for about 3 weeks now and my hips hurt?

I think it%26#039;s because I haven%26#039;t excercised in months, and my body is not acostomed to this type of excersice. Any one with this problem?|||You are using muscles you never worked before, I went through the same problem when I started Muah Thai.|||Yes that%26#039;s common when you first start out. I%26#039;m in my 40%26#039;s and have been training in MA for over 15 yrs and still from time to time I get hip pain. Your body just has to adjust to it. A couple of tips that may help are to make sure you warm up very well before you start class. Raising your core temperture is very important prior to stretching. It%26#039;s also possible that you may be over doing it to start. If thats the case, just ease up a little bit till your body gets used to it. Also you may want to consider taking a supplement called Glucosamin / Condroitin with MSM. This supplement is for keeping all your joints healthy. Takes about 2 months to build up in your system, but it will help with the pain. Also make sure to get proper rest in between your training sessions. Hope this helps.|||Yes, pretty much you are using muscles you haven%26#039;t used before in somewhat unnatural motions. Karate positions tend to be rigid and fixed, stay limber and you will get used to it.





I%26#039;m 50, but I have been doing this for all of my adult life. In my home country I started pre-army at 14, so I learned the value of stretching early.





Keep at it and at the end you will get a reward, I%26#039;m not talking about a silly belt, I%26#039;m talking about sense of accomplishment.|||Looks like I%26#039;m the oldest one here, so here is an answer from


someone with joint experience-------------


When you get past 30, your joints start to weaken a little. The


elastic that stretches with the movements can get a little crikey and you will have lost some of your range of motion.


Chances are that you are a little overweight also which is hard


on your joints.


The pain you feel is probably from inflammation of the joints, not just sore muscles.


I%26#039;ve played tennis since I was 35. I%26#039;m 60 now. I had the same


problem+. I had shoulder probs, knee probs, etc.


Three ways to keep joints in shape:


1. Keep the weight off


2. Warm ups


3. Exercise the muscles surrounding the joint, build them up so they will support your upper body properly thereby relieving


the hip joints of all the burden.





Warm up really good before you do anything. Then after your


lesson, take 3 Ibuprofen (4 if you need to, but not more than 8 per day or 20 in a week--always with food). Walk it out also-


Inflammation is relieved by either of 3 things; Ibuprofen, movement, and hot/cold compresses left on for at least 15 min. It works faster to do all three.


Good luck and have fun.|||plain and simple, does it hurt when ur walking, sleeping on ur side. try sleeping on your back with a pillow under your knees and one under ur head. or on ur side with a pillow between ur knees and one under your head, what this will do is align ur hips the way they are suppose to be and add more support than add pressure... i would go see a chiropractor or a massage therapist. and have ur hips aligned. it should help|||i felt the same way when i first started taekwondo about 4 yrs ago. im 17 now but i was really outa shap but when i started taekwondo and exercised more i didnt feel as much pain as i did when i first started.


but ya the reason why your sore is when you do different activities you use muscels you didnt think or didnt use often so you%26#039;ll feel a bit sore.





keep up with karate thow im not in that form of martial arts but im in taekwondo as i already stated lol. its a blast, it really helps me release some of my stress that i have and its so fun. i hope you enjoy it as much as i do.|||Never had this kind of problem in my 6 years of experience of karate, not in my hips anyway. Still, I can give you my advice: Just warm up a little more time, specially your hips. Also, while your hips still hurting, try not to do the moves you think that cause the pain, at least until the pain disappears. And if you have to perform those moves, perform them slowly. YOU HAVE TO GIVE THE MUSCLES A REST.|||Don%26#039;t push yourself too hard. Especially in the beginning. You always need to give yourself adequate recovery time whenever you begin any type of new physical activity. Stretch often, drink plenty of water, and just have fun with it. You%26#039;ll acclimate sooner than you think. Good luck!|||dont worry about it mate keep going you%26#039;ll be right,make sure you stretch properley and dont go more than 2 days without a stretch and a bit of light excersize outside of your karate classes.|||If you%26#039;ve been a couch-potato or whatnot and suddenly whip into Karate-mode at 39, yeah, I bet that could suck for a bit.|||its called out of shape... stick with it.. you will loosen up...


even if you already work out, you%26#039;re using muscles you%26#039;re not used to using!|||You answered your own question. Hair of the Dog will make it go away.|||You hit the nail right on the head...|||yes,it happened to me too but once you get used to it ,it would be fine.|||keep working on it if it gets worse stop

No comments:

Post a Comment