Monday, May 17, 2010

Are there any colleges that offer karate programs or that have a karate team?

I practice shotokan karate btw.|||I%26#039;m not sure what about karate teams, but most colleges do have a karate club as well as other styles. Some even offer karate classes as a general health %26amp; recreational classes for a credit hour or two.





The problem you might have is that since karate is a general term used to describe a wide variety of different styles, the style represented might be different than Shotokan.





Best bet is to check out the college%26#039;s website under their student activities section.|||Yes there are, do a search for collegate karate.|||National Karate League says there are over 100+ colleges that offer karate programs but they don%26#039;t have a page with them.





Only real way to find them is to search %26quot;[college name] karate%26quot; and see what comes up. I did a search for all my local colleges (Clemson, USC, Furman, etc) and almost all of them have some sort of karate class, club or program.|||I don%26#039;t know what type of karate, but there%26#039;s St. Martin%26#039;s College in Lancaster, England. I am fairly certain they practice Shotokan, but I%26#039;m not 100% sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment