Friday, May 21, 2010

At what earliest age can you become a sensui for Karate? or what is the earliest age you have heard of?

In other words, what degree(s) of black belt is necessary to open a business and teach in Ontario or anywhere else?|||Usually a master is someone with a 4th degree or higher in rank. That is when people normally open up a school and begin to teach. When someone gets their first degree, they are JUST now starting to learn the complex parts of the art.... color belts to black means you are ready to start learning! I would say anything less than 4th degree and you are pushing it.





The youngest I have heard of someone getting a black belt was 8 years old. A total joke, and not something that I took seriously. Anyone under the age of 18 should not be allowed a black belt in my opinion. They just can%26#039;t fully understand what it means and what it requires.|||If I remember correctly, I saw an article in the paper where they had an 8 year old teaching.|||I would guess that in a reasonable martial art, a person would not be able to even start their advanced studies (let alone teach) until well after they had reached the age of cognizance.





I certainly would not enroll in a school where the teacher was under 30.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment