Saturday, November 14, 2009

Is it safe to practice karate with a cast on my hand?

I broke my thumb, had surgery and now I have 2 pins inside my thumb. The cast was just put on today, and I have a lot of mobility in my hand now, i just cant move the thumb. Do you think its safe for me to go to karate class and just avoid getting the thumb hit? Or is it not even safe for me to move the casted hand, and I should keep it stationary?|||Well I would Just Tell your trainer to keep you aside from the Contact with other people.





I used to to Karate, And You Don%26#039;t want to be punching any pads or anything...





But Ask your Trainer, see what he thinks...


He may just keep you on the light stuff and on kick practising, you Don%26#039;t want to damage your thumb again...





I wouldn%26#039;t really suggest you doing Sparring, There could be a accident Doing that. I%26#039;ve accidentally hit someone with my punches in the past in karate class.|||If you keep it immobile, your fingers will swell. If you can practice without moving/touching/harming your thumb in any way, I%26#039;d say go ahead and go to class. Absolutely no sparring, though. You can always call your doc and ask him if you still feel unsure. Speedy healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment