Monday, November 16, 2009

Do you get a free karate suit when you join YMCA karate?

If they don%26#039;t where could I get one? Also how much does the karate classes and membership fees cost together?|||I taught at a YMCA for a while and parents had to buy the uniforms.





They were the cheapest ones available - and I mean in quality, and they charged $25.





Thing is, I have an account and bought them for about $14 for the parents.





I guess it depends if the YMCA branch is hungry or not.





Edit:





The reason I left is because they expected me to modify my teaching method to be more %26quot;recreational%26quot;, as NOhioGuy suggested. I refused to do it and gave them my resignation.|||First off if you really want to learn karate you should not be asking for something for free. You have to earn everything at a good school and if it costs money then you should pay it.





Secondly I would not recommend too many YMCA programs. There are a few out there that are decent but most of them are a recreational based karate style of class. I would recommend you find a real dojo to train at.





Third, if you are looking to get something for nothing then you do not belong in a real karate school anyway. Everyone has to pay their fair share and buy their own equipment. If you really wanted to train and learn karate you would find a way to do it.





I paid for my karate from the age of 8 until I began teaching on my own. This included dues, uniforms, exams, gear and events. Unlike most other people out there I never owned a video game, wasted money on the most fad clothes or shoes and was dedicated. When people really want something they cut out things that are not needed in their life to pay for it....karate should be no different.





Parents today complain about authentic karate costing anywhere from $60 to $99 a month but yet they run out and buy, or worse give their kid the money to buy, video games and other things do nothing to help them.





Pay your way, earn your skills and join a real school. This is the true way to learn properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment