Saturday, November 14, 2009

How much do karate lessons cost?

I%26#039;m interested in signing my 4 year old daughter for karate and was wondering how much I%26#039;m looking at. I live in the Philadelphia area.|||The national average for authentic Karate classes is around $75 per month at a good school with qualified instructors. Some YMCA an other places have programs but I can not honestly recommend them. There are a ton of schools in Philly an I would recommend that you try each one. If they hit you up with some great deal, sales pitch or want big bucks, upgrade programs such as Black Belt Club or Master%26#039;s Club...then walk out the door. Here are some of the dojo I have visited over the years and would recommend.





http://philauechiryu.weebly.com/





Northeast Shotokan Karate Club Incorporated


(215) 969-1700


14425 Bustleton Ave, Ste 4, Philadelphia, PA





Karate Club Olympic


(215) 464-4405


270 Geiger Rd, Philadelphia, PA





http://danielpopekarate.com/ - This is a Tang Soo Do school but very good Instructor





There are a few others but I would avoid the strip mall schools as I have been to quite a few of them. If you get a chance visit Asian World of Martial Arts in Chinatown. They know every school in the area and can make a good recommendation.





Edit - I do not recommend YMCA courses because I began at one, with a legitimate Master, and the YMCA treated us like crap, moved our class around and you never knew if you had enough people for classes sometimes. I also do not recommend them because you just can not learn real Karate (not sport karate) in a YMCA due to restrictions. You need to find an authentic dojo. Also, I have won 5 world titles, trained 18 world karate champions and to be honest that has nothing to do with teaching authentic Karate so it means squat to be a champion.|||I have been in Karate for 30 years; teaching for 20. My students place high in every open tournament we go to. I have been a top 5 rated competitor three different years in my region. ( I don%26#039;t personally compete in tourney%26#039;s any more). AND I ONLY CHARGE $45.00 a month. People tell me I should charge more. I teach commercially and I am happy with what I make. Two of the top instructor%26#039;s in my area teach at YMCA%26#039;s and charge even less. Some of the advice people gave you isn%26#039;t correct. See I am a legitimate master, as are the two YMCA instructors I mentioned. To be a legitimate master you have to be older. As a older person I am not use to high prices, my mortgage is low because I bought my house a long time ago. A younger instructor thinks he needs more money, and he may. If he is just starting his Business he has a high over head. So the person who told you you have to pay 75 plus is not correct, nor the person who didn%26#039;t recommend YMCA%26#039;s. In fact the best school who is doing best in on our circuit we compete in (NBL) is a club that meets at a Asian community center.|||Most places I%26#039;ve been it ranges from about 60 a month to 100. I find that the more expensive places are usually in it just for the money and not teaching effectively. And find an instructor that doesn%26#039;t seem like he%26#039;s full of himself/herself.|||You can probably get it for $30-50 bucks with ever thing include (uniform), but she earns a higher belt it will cost a bit and the higher she gets the more it costs.|||My school (So Cal) starts at $75/mth which is pretty cheap for out here. We also offer a one day a week program through the city recreation program for $50 over 10 weeks.|||This site is how I found my Karate due%26#039;s. Pretty accurate





Thewillower.org|||it ranges from about 40 to 60 dollars a month here in florida|||useally 100 dollers to 180 for a good one

No comments:

Post a Comment