Saturday, November 14, 2009

Is it embarrassing when a 13 year old just started to learn karate?

when you guys go to karate or watever, do you guys see 13 year olds as a white belt? and when did you guys start learning martial arts?|||No way. If I ever get my own dojo I considered not taking on students who were YOUNGER than 11 or 12. Kids just don%26#039;t have the discipline and control at a young age. Its a game to them or they end up arrogant and picking fights because they don%26#039;t understand the nature of martial arts. Don%26#039;t get me wrong....I%26#039;m generalizing here...but in a lot of cases thats true.





I started Karate when I was 18. So no your fine!|||I started at 13 in 1967. We studied Shito-Ryu and Kamishinryu. Sure I was a little nervous but what the heck everyone is awkward when they first start. It is normal to be a little awkward at first. But so is everyone else. Just go to it. Inj a short time you will be feeling good about your training. Then you will look around and see someone new going throught what you did when you started.





Bet of Luck!|||i use to take students starting as young as 5 yrs old. the oldest student i had started at the age of 65yrs, my heaviest student was well over 500 lbs. one of my friends had a student taking karate with no arms. i%26#039;ve taught people that had to use cans and in wheel chairs.


non of them were embarrassed to take martial arts.


there is no reason why you should be in embarrassed to take any style of martial arts. part of martial arts is about character building and building self confidence no one will make fun of you for any mistake you make or any thing you do wrong chance are we already made that mistake or see it a thousand times.|||I started at 20 and 50 years later I am still training


no I don%26#039;t delegate teaching and I still get on the floor and fight.





I started in SHOTOKAN and reached NI dan when I went to jujutsu/aikijutsu I put on the white belt again when I went to TKD (ITF) I put on the white belt again when I went to MONK FIST BOXING no belts but I joined the begginer class when I went to GOJU RYU (OKINAWAN)I went in as a white belt but the sensei whom I had known for years allowed me to wear my DAN rank as by that time I had dan rank in 3 different disciplines.Later I would get into AMERICAN KENPO in which I recieved another dan rank from MASTER PARKER himself.


In 1960 the year I started the average age was 18 to 30 for begginers no kids at all.A lot of us were talented street fighters wrestlers boxers looking over %26quot;the new kid%26quot; on the block.The training was militaristic and by todays standards or lack of standards harsh.We didn%26#039;t fret about who could beat who and what could beat what and we learned as much from each other as form the sensei.A 13 year old wouldn%26#039;t have survived in that envireronment .|||No need to be embarrassed as everyone is a beginner once,trust me no one will take too much notice as they will be too busy training to watch you.





13 is a great age to start,





I started at 17.





Good luck and Best wishes :)***|||No, but then I don%26#039;t go to Karate. lol. There%26#039;s nothing wrong with being a white belt. I started learning martial arts when I was 5, but you only start to actually understand things once you%26#039;re older. Don%26#039;t worry about the color of your belt. Just train.|||13 is a good age to start any martial art really because you will have better concentration than younger kids, for a start.





There are kids your age who are beginners in our class and some people start karate much later in life as well (I was 33 years old when I started).





Enjoy!|||13 is NOT old. The only reason the general public have it in their heads that martial arts is for kids is because most parents will put their kids through it at a young age. If you start later in life you have much more of a chance of staying with it. good luck|||13 is a great time to start so dont feel bad i started around then aswelll and im descent at what i do but i still have a lot more training to do|||Dude, I saw a 35 year old white belt last night.


I trained him twice this week.|||I started Karate when I was 11, Tang soo do when I was 15, kajukenbo / kenpo when I was 16. I have always started as a white belt.|||Not all...I have four that just started this week and they are doing great. They fit right in with the rest of the adult classes.|||its a good time to start and its not embarrassing to start. heaps of people start when they are 13 years old.|||I was 36 when I got back into karate and started over again as a white belt. I was never embarrassed that kids 1/3 my age were the same rank as me.|||Why would it be embarrassing?Have to start somewhere or time.It is redundant when any of us started.Some have started at 5,or 6.....|||No you should go for it...


My sensai only started when he was 18 and now is an 8th dan.


I started when i was 7 and achieved my 1st dan when i ws 14.... Your never too old to start!!..





:)..





xx|||not at all, its way more embarrasing seeing a black belt at 13 or even less. come on now.


seems like they are handing belts out like candy at a lot of places|||No its not embarrassing...it%26#039;s actually pretty good. 13 years old is a good age for someone to learn karate.|||Dude 13 is still so young.





By the time life actually matters you%26#039;ll be Chuck Norris.|||are u seroius ? its not late ...u ll be a black belt before graduating from high schoool|||yeah ive seen 45 year old white belts! who cares! were all nice!


i started at like 9 ish

No comments:

Post a Comment