Sunday, April 26, 2009

What are some exercises that could later help me in karate?

I would like to start taking Karate in November. I was wondering if there are any exercises that I could start doing to help me get ready for karate training. I understand that I should not start attempting karate moves on my own because that could develop bad habits or cause injury. I have a mini-trampoline and some small weights. Any ideas?|||you can practice karate on your own its best to do that so you dont get owned when you go to the school lol, you can find some good online guides on how to fight people and defend innocents and fight crime. you should do punch, kick, exercises, and keep doing them constantly, so you will be able to knock someone out. you can practice this by punching a tree, or kicking a tree. if you kick a tree to the point where your shin is like a steel blade you wil be able to dominate in competition against even the most well aversed karate student thank you|||Cardio is a definite. I would go with heavier weights - I don%26#039;t know what you mean by %26quot;small,%26quot; but if you are lifting one or two pounds, even with high reps, you really aren%26#039;t doing much for your body. Got with at least 5 pound weights - I used 8-10 to start - and do 3 sets of 8 reps. If that is easy, use a heavier weight. You won%26#039;t bulk up, and lifting weights is one of the best things you can do for your body. Do bicep curls, triceps, and then also do dips and push-ups. If you can get a bar, use that for chest exercises. My bar weighs 16 pounds, and I add weights on the ends. Lunges, squats, and leg lifts (especially performed with ankle weights) are also great. You can usually find free or very, very cheap (like $10) weights and sometimes sets on craigslist.org.





Flexibility is a must, and is often over-looked. Make sure you stretch, and consider a yoga routine at least once or twice a week to help lengthen your muscles. I have found that holding poses when stretching for a long time (not just the 20 seconds normally recommended, but more like 2-3 minutes or more) is a great help and increases my flexibility. If that gets too uncomfortable, though, stop, and then stretch again until you have held the stretch for a couple of minutes. Or gradually work up to a few minutes. In Yin Yoga classes, we hold poses for 5-10 minutes, and you feel awesome the next day, but you can hold regular stretch poses, not just yoga poses.|||Cardiovascular anything is good for you, both because it builds the strength of the inner muscles you will doubtlessly use and because it builds endurance. Also consider a lot of stretching and/or taking up yoga for fitness, balance, and flexibility.|||Both stretching and strength training are very important in martial arts.





Start stretching now, it will benefit you in class. Working with small weights and lots of reps will give you power.|||Squats, pushups, wall sits, planks, crunches, and calisthenics.





Stretching is crucial as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment