Sunday, April 26, 2009

How to speed things up a bit considering my advancment in karate ?

As November closes in, so does the first test for my belt approaches. That is the first white belt in Kyokushin karate, full contact style, no protection. I%26#039;m by nature a person that thinks things through very thoroughly and when make my decision I stick by it. So it is in this case, I am just training half a year and am totally obsessed with it. Along with the college, people around me and girls that is the only thing in think about. I have assembled somewhat military routine of my life, that gives me the time to pursue high grades at my college 4 times a week of gym and 4 hours of karate training every day ( 2 hours are in club, rest at home). Also I am by nature a very determined person , and cannot stand lazy people and always try to excel at the things I care about, I mean REALLY excel. So that gives me the drive. I have the best condition in the club, and sensei has even indirectly said that i work the hardest.|||Best answer: ask your teacher. He/she should be able to best guide you on your progression through this art. It sounds like you are someone who does something right and not half-assed. I suggest you talk it over with him/her and respect their opinion. After all they studies long and hard to have the experience and training they do, so they usually know what they are talking about.|||Awsome to see someone who is so determained, if you keep this attitude you will go far, before going to Europ why not fight all the tournaments that they have where you live and if you feel like your dev is too easy then do up for the opens or something, i think you will find it hard, where are you from?





I know how you feel about being behind, you see people who were champions already at 19 and were winning world tournaments at 20 and 21, you really have to put all those thoughts aside and focus on yourself and work hard, age is just numbers you shouldnt get obsessed with it, people are all different and as long as you can walk and are healthy you can be a great fighter|||b4 u do ur home training u should meditate it will relax u and u will become more aware and the way read this u r goin for ur first belt so train harded and listen to philosophys|||you seem to be pushing yourself as hard as you can and thats an excellent start.


you must remember that your sensai knows best and you need to have patience.


make sure to watch all four karate kid movies because they will teach you valuable life lessons and many more that are applicable to karate. no joke|||I am 13 and used to train in karate about 5 hours a day in a club every day a week and i used to train in ontario wide provincial tornamants and i got 2nd provincially because i got knocked out the round before so they considered me severely injured and was forced to forfeit but my secret was actually meditating. prior to the tornament or training visualize yourself doing whatever your going to be doing whether it be kata (forums) or kumite(sparring/fighting) perfectly. visualize yourself doing it the way you feel is correct and the way you feel will help you to win. visualization got me a LOOOONG way in goju-Kai and goju-Ryu karate unprotected full contact sparring and full power with intentional distractions. There was a lot of pressure on me for 5 years and i made it all the wayy up to blue belt and then i moved away from all that and now i have no place to train in karate. IT SUCKS A LOT!!! but in my style of karate since it was a real style when i got to black belt i had to sign my hands as leathal weapons but i am not 16 and i moved away so i didnt make it that far. BUT ANYWAYS visualization and meditation is a very good key. also get yourself pumped up and keep repeating some key words that make you feel confident and make you feel pumped up and ready to go. I think that if you are that hard working you will be able to beat them. Make sure you have a healthy diet and drink alot of water the week prior to the tornament. so to recap its visualization and meditation helps alot. Getting yourself pumped up and ready to go. Healthy diet. and confidence!!! Hope i helped and THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment