Sunday, April 26, 2009

Is it good to combine iaido training with karate training?

I wanna start out Iaido while combining it with karate instruction. What do you people think? Also, can you tell me of a martial arts school in Santa Monica CA or Los Angeles that teaches iaido?|||I study Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu (Iaido) and Toyama-ryu Batto-Jutsu.


These fall in the category of the bugeisha (sword practitioner) the darker side of the yin and yang.


At the same time, I study Shotokan Karate-do and also consider myself a Budo-ka (martial artist) the lighter side of the arts.


I love both and benefit from both. Swordsmanship now-a-days is more for cutting down the enemy within.


Karate-do being a more modern martial holds true to it%26#039;s title of being good self-defense.


If you have the money and the time/dedication you%26#039;ll love both and will develop many skills needed to survive in these times.


http://www.dojolocator.com/ will help you find a dojo nearby!|||I would learn as much as I can, It%26#039;s good to mix. Jeet Kune Do is a must.|||I see nothing wrong with it. Might help you draw your fist and lop off someone%26#039;s nose if they try to sneak up on ya.|||Those are excellent styles to combine. The Iaddo training will improve your Mushin, which will improve you karate. Your karate will give you dexterity to improve your Iado.

No comments:

Post a Comment