Friday, November 18, 2011

Which type of Karate should i learn to enhance my kick,punch,blocking and weapon using techniques?

Tell me which type of karate should i choose to learn if my requirements are:


1-Learn defending techniques


2-Learn Punching techniques


3-Learn kicking techniques


4-Learn how to use different weapons like Nun-Chukuu etc.





Also tell me about the martial arts schools in Rawalpindi(Pakistan) which offer such courses.|||I cannot tell you specificly about your location, because I am in America, however I can answer the other part of your question.





Almost any style of Okinawin karate will give you the 4 things you ask for, plus more. Most Okinawin styles incorperate a lot of standing grappling, and include locks, throws, sweeps, chokes, and clinch fighting. Most traditional schools also havea heavy emphisis on body conditioning.





Some of the major Okinawin styles:





Shoryn-Ryu


Goju-Ryu


Euchi-Ryu


Isshin-Ryu





I study Isshin-Ryu karate, and we study the Bo, Sai, and Tonfa, as well as short stick and knife use, however the last two are school specific, and are not part of the Issin-Ryu system per say.





Be aware that most if not all Okinawin karate focuses on non flashy realistic self defense motion.





Japanes styles of karate if they have a good instructor will also teach you good self defense, but most do not teach weapons, to my knowledge, and many are geared toward sport more then the Okinawin styles. Again it mainly comes down to the instructor and school, and what their main focus is. There are many good answers on here about what to look for in a school and what to avoid, all you have to do is use the search feature.





Hope this helps.





Edit for Zenshu- I did not forget Shotokan, but this is a style that was developed by Funikoshi to be taught in Japan, and bears more resemblence to Japanes karate%26#039;s then original Okinawin karate. Also notice I said %26quot;SOME%26quot; major Okinawin styles, not all.|||Well I dont think any karate club will use weapons, as the word karate translates into %26quot;empty hand%26quot;. I heard the whole point of karate was learning to fight without weapons. However, Im pretty sure most styles of Kung Fu use alot of weapons, defencive techniques, punches and kicks.


I do wadokai karate, which is fun, has a lot of good techniques, but uses no weapons whatsoever.


Im sorry but I have no idea about clubs in Rawalpindi, as I live in the UK.


Hoped I helped.|||Jeet Kune Do. Martial arts devoloped by Bruce Lee, derived from many different styles of fighting.





Or try Krav Maga.|||i anwser to %26quot;katana17%26quot;:





in the Okinawan styles you forgot shito ryu and shotokan

No comments:

Post a Comment