Friday, November 18, 2011

Can i mix Boxing punches with Karate kicks?

Hay im a full time boxer but im sick of just using my hands..I tryed to start kickboxing and teakwondo but they are in the same time slot as my boxing so the only thing i could do is Karate... Can i mix Boxing punches with Karate kicks or would it just be stupid?|||It wouldn%26#039;t be stupid it would be smart, what do you think people do in MMA? They Mix it up. Especially kickboxing and wrestling.





It would be a defenitely great combination, boxing can condition you and give you good coordination for upper body and karate will give you great combinations you can try and obviously kicking, also it can use elbows and knees, it%26#039;s gonna change you immensely from hands to many other stuff. Good luck and enjoy!





peace|||absolutely... but when they teach you to punch differently in Karate... do it as your instructor tells you to.. or it may be disrespectful.... Karate and TKD punches requiremore rotation with the arms and less with the hips and legs.... and Boxing teaches you to rotate you lower body more (but you dont have to worry about protecting your lower body in boxing)... but ultimately its up to you.... which one you enjoy more, not everyone who learns Boxing or Karate or TKD or Muay Thai (check out Muay Thia... its pretty cool) wants to compete in a MMA event.... its no different than choosing to play basketball or tennis... play the game you enjoy the most... and have fun and train hard... good luck|||The one person was right, you can mix it vey well but you will be taught to punch differently in karate. Try it out. You might find you prefer karate punches after you learn them. You will still have your boxing skills but learning a second way to punch coud prove useful.


And the kicks will definitely add another element to your overall skills.


And most importantly, IMHO, you will learn more about defense. Often a boxing guard doesn%26#039;t work well in a real fight (without gloves) as the fists are smaller and harder. Try getting hit in the back of your hand to see what I mean. It hurts like %26quot;h3ll%26quot; at the beginning.


I say go for it. If you don%26#039;t like it , you can quit..ha ha.


Good luck!|||Yes, you can and it would be quite a practical and effective tools in your arsenal of techniques.|||Yeah


Called MIXEd martial arts...|||I do Taekwondo so you might not think I was in the same situation that you are right now, but I think its rather similar. I had done boxing for 3 years prior to starting TKD, so i know where your comming from. I actually do mix my boxing with my TKD and it works out great for me. Since in my TKD school our instructor teaches us kick boxing and Muay Thai, I had a big advantage because I already had boxing skills. and even more, when you get in a fight, boxing takes over for my hands and TKD for my feet, so its a good combinaiton. In fact, it feels very natural for me to fight that way and it works out great, and i have a feeling that it will work out great for you if you mix your boxing with your karate because you will have that punching strength for karate that you gained in boxing and you will also be more conscious about how many times you punch and when to punch. If you want a good example of how effective combining martial arts is, go watch K-1 or UFC. Also Tony Jaa does TKD and Muay Thai and his moves look cool (I think they could be effective too, but alot of people say no, so you be the judge of that. heres a link to his video, its cool XD http://youtube.com/watch?v=epJuNCOGjio ) hope I helped. Peace and Goodbye!|||idk bout the effectiveness of karate%26#039;s kicks as i took it when i was like 7 so we never learned anything but yea people use all kinds of martial arts together in MMA fights, idk about that as a prevalent combination but its not bad in any way to mix them.

No comments:

Post a Comment