Friday, November 18, 2011

How can I prove to my karate instructor that I'm good enough to get a job there.?

I%26#039;ve been proving to my karate instructor for a year now that I%26#039;ve been good enough to teach but he won%26#039;t let me. What do I need to do?|||Well my first question is what is your rank in your school and how long have you been there? How many teachers are there already?





There must be a reason he or she is not allowing you to teach yet though you are proving that you want to do it, so you can ask, but in a traditional school it would be better to ask not the highest rank teacher but rather the lowest rank teacher first and then work upward. That is if you are in a traditional school. If not then just ask him why.





What age group do you want to teach? What is it exactly the style you are teaching and are you sure your qualified to teach yet? I am not saying you are not for I do not know you I am only asking because you wish to know yourself.





I hope you find your answer. I will add more if you answer the small questions I asked in return to clarify more to me. Ty.








(Corporal Boob - when are you going to tire following me around like the boob you are and thumbing me down every questions i answer? Shows the kind of MA you really are..lame)|||a karate chop to throat ought ta get your point across!|||Look at the situation, does he need you to teach there? are there other people who are better equiped to teach? Our instructor makes sure we take a few lessons once we reach a certain grade but already has regular students taking the classes he can%26#039;t





When he need someone to fill in it%26#039;s usually the highest grade that takes the class, don%26#039;t know what the situation you have at you dojo but If you are a high enough grade you should be taking the classes there





Anyway, you can%26#039;t really do much, it%26#039;s up to your instructor and I don%26#039;t know what he is like, but If in our Dojo asking for something is a guranteed way NOT to get it, especially skiping grades, the only thing I can think off is if you win a few competitions or something and then maby this will show you have some skill and maby he will let you take a kata or sparing or whatever the competition was for class, other than that don%26#039;t think about it too much and just train hard and do your best every lesson|||Ask for a trial.


If he is still stubborn, go down on your knees and ask, firmly and respectfully, for a trial.


If he still refuses, then accept his refusal and work your limbs to the bone until he acknowledges you.


Take his refusal as a test.|||you should mention the fact you would like to take a womens self defense class.


he should be aware of the fact that they would prefer a female teacher.


once he sees how good you are at teaching it would be very foolish not to let you teach.|||I mostly agree with what the others have said. Go to the instructor, but do it with tact, and sensitivity. That is go to him/her, and ask, %26quot;May I speak to you in private.%26quot; If you don%26#039;t feel comfortable with that, you could take another approach and ask starting at the oher end of the teaching scale. Remember protocol is huge in martial arts. Most importantly keep training and do your best. Your teacher will notice.|||First, how have you been proving your good enough to teach? As an instructor I can tell you there is much more to it than simply being %26quot;good.%26quot;





Find out why your instructor doesn%26#039;t want you to teach.





There may be many issues that could potentially be a factor; anything from not being old enough, rank, lack of mental maturity, personality, approachability, technical knowledge, patience, willingness to teach all ranks, lack of money to pay you for teaching, lack of needing an additional instructor, and anything and everything inbetween.





Once you have an answer, provided the issue is something you can control or alter (you can%26#039;t make yourself age faster for example), work on fixing that.





If and when your instructor notices an improvement and feels you%26#039;re qualified to teach, he%26#039;ll approach you about it.|||Your avatar is a girl though|||keep practicing, keep training, i will bet that if you have a good instructor he has %26quot;years%26quot; of training and still trains. does he use a belt system to rank people? what belt are you? are you trying to say that in one year you are at his level?

No comments:

Post a Comment