Friday, November 18, 2011

How strong will I get from learning karate?

Hi I%26#039;m a freshman in college and I%26#039;m going to be taking elementary karate as an extra course next semester. We will meet twice a week and 1 hour per day. How strong do you think I will get? Will I at least be strong enough to beat a mugger since our university is in a big city full of crazy people.





I prefer hand techniques too, since I can%26#039;t really kick.|||I have recently restarted Karate after a few years of Kung Fu and I can safely say that you will become very strong. Not only physically but mentally. In some respects, it depends upon the way your school trains you - the one I have recently joined does a warm up consisting of stretches, press-ups on your knuckles and other hard exercises that use your own body weight. Training consists of kata (set patterns of techniques that help develop your technique) and training in pairs to learn kicks, throws and hand striking techniques. Also, body conditioning such as being hit in the stomach (with control!) to build strength all over.


You will learn discipline as the instuctors don%26#039;t like people messing around but you will earn respect if you work hard.


Don%26#039;t worry about not being able to kick - you will!!!


With karate, it does not matter how big you are - the techniques work on bigger and stonger opponents than yourself regardless.


Muggers are usually cowards - I doubt they have the mental discipline or physical stamina to train in anything so you should have a pretty good chance!! However, remember they may have a knife or gun - their is no shame in running away, in fact, it is the best self defence known of!!!|||go on with your practise daily with interest . you will be feeling that you are gaining strength day by day|||It depends on how you train. If you want to be good at fighting, you have to actually fight.|||I am sure very strong. Remember %26quot;wax on wax off%26quot;?|||Strong physically and being able to beat an opponent are really kind of two different things...





Strong - well you are working out a whole 2 hours a week. Not bad, better than nothing but that isn%26#039;t a huge amount of time.





Being able to kick a muggers *** - well that%26#039;s gonna take time to learn - class wise.





And - learn how to kick. Why punch some one when you can kick them in the nuts. Always utilitze your long range weapons first. Why break a hand when you don%26#039;t need to!|||I start karate and ballet when I%26#039;m 4 year old. I%26#039;m strong for my size, but my lover is 4 times bigger and much stronger. he%26#039;s powerlifter-wrestler-martial artist. Lifting make him much stronger than karate. He lift me over head in one hand, my friend Kumiko in other hand. I weigh 44kg, she weigh 45.5kg, lover weigh 165kg.|||Yes you will defintely get strength but strength of the mind because you need to focus and automarically you feel the strength in your body too,,,use this self defense as a hidden skill and not to flaunt it , remember you dont want to test yourself by creating trouble..this a self defense technique, where you will elarn different kinds of body techniques and arm and feet stategies all in the name of building a martial art character, this way it will also improve your attitude towards competitions or with your dealings with the boys your age or older, ok?and before I forget..............you only get the knack of Karate when you practice..because practice makes perfect...........|||actually you will gain almost no strength..but you will get fitter and faster and will increase your stamina but not strength..you need to train with wates for that|||Strength does not play a big role in martial arts..It is technique %26amp; attitude..if you have the confidense and a good instructor, you should be able to defend yourself with success...be careful of the useless exeercise used by studios to justify the continued tuition. A self defense course is better for you then a studio full karate ciriculum

No comments:

Post a Comment