Friday, November 18, 2011

Can karate change the size of your feet?

I am an adult and started practicing karate about 10 months ago. I started with a 1.5h session once a week and have slowly moved up to 3 times a week (thursday, friday and saturday)


In recent months I find that my feet hurt everyday, especilally in the morning when I wake up. This happens everyday, not just the days after my karate training.


The karate I practice is non-contact.I am not kicking boards or bricks.


I also noticed that shoes that fitted me perfectly for months now feel too small.


Has anyone experienced something similar?|||My hunch is that your feet are swollen and a little beat up from training. When I started, I had messed up toes, and I couldn%26#039;t wear sneakers without pain. I basically gave myself corns on the tips of my toes (they look like hard blisters). My feet didn%26#039;t actually grow, they swelled. I figured out that it was a combo or kicking improperly and athlete%26#039;s foot. I recommend buying espom salt (comes in a package, put it in water to soak feet) and a good pair of sandals (to change into immediately after practice). Once you get over the %26quot;hump%26quot;, your feet will be fine. You may want roomier shoes on days your feet really hurt. P.S. If the pain doesn%26#039;t go away after doing these things, go see a podiatrist. You may have internal foot problems.|||hmm well maybe. i think any physical activity where you spend more time on your feet can change the size of them. and also be aware of something else- even as we are adults, as we get older, our feet keep on growing ever so slightly. my mother used to be size 8 when she was 20, now shes size 9.|||yeah it can change the size of your feet or maybe they are swollen a little bit.|||ummm i dont think so. maybe your feet are just sore. if your not kiking boards and you only go 3 times a week, dont you think they should not be hurting. i go 5 times a week. plus i jog and practice evry day. and i never had that problem





PS. your feet will grow for the rest of your life. men in particular tend to have sudden growth spurts in their feet|||if you%26#039;ve never done a lot of things barefoot, then yes. it can. It%26#039;s jsut that your feet never really went through trauma lke you will experience in most martial arts.|||no|||Hi


Yes, the very fact of practice any sport on bare foot causes it to expand and get bigger, so welcome to the %26quot;big foot%26quot; martial arts world.


Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment